Description of works:
- Works involved the refurbishment of a three span steel/concrete bridge
- Scaffold erect under entire bridge deck and to parapets to allow access to the works. The scaffold was completely enclosed to avoid contact with the public whilst the work was being carried out.
- Dry abrasive/repair blasting of all exposed steelwork
- Strengthening/repair to steelwork including replacement of C-Sections, replacing Rivets, cutting out and removing portions of the bottom flange were curling had occurred.
- Carry out concrete repairs to the deck soffit and abutments were delamination of the concrete had occurred
- Carry out resin injection of the cracks in the reinforced abutments
- Design and install a suitable cathodic system to deck soffit and abutments
- Repainting to all exposed steelwork with high spec paint finish in accordance with the specification